PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The promoter of this promotion is LC International Limited registered in Gibraltar under the number 46808 and having its registered office at Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Europort Avenue, Gibraltar.
Terms and Conditions
- This promotion will run from 00:01 on 29th October 2020 to 23:59 30th April 2021 (“Promotional Period”).
- By taking part in this promotion you agree to these Promotion Terms and Conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any third party, including any football club or social media channel.
Who qualifies for this promotion
- In order to submit an entry for this promotion, you and any person you nominate must:
- be over 25 years old;
- be a resident in the UK; and
- not be self-excluded, including with any National Self-Exclusion scheme, or have other restrictions on any Coral account (if applicable).
- Employees of the promoter, any agency or other persons directly or indirectly connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to submit an entry for this promotion or to be nominated.
- Winners will be required to satisfy any age, ID verification, responsible gambling or other checks that the promoter may perform in order to ensure the prizes are administered fairly and responsibly. The winner may be required to provide the promoter with additional information and documents in order to satisfy such checks. Any failure to provide such information or documents, or to satisfy such checks will result in the winning entrant forfeiting the prize.
- In order to submit an entry for this promotion you will need to fill in the nomination form on www.footballfanoftheyear.co.uk during the Promotional Period and submit a story explaining why you, or the person you are nominating, should be selected as a football fan that goes above and beyond.
- Any story submitted must be socially responsible and suitable for publication (for example must not include anything defamatory, offensive, abusive, obscene or inappropriate) and must not include sensitive personal data of a nominee or any third party.
- When submitting a nomination you must confirm that: (i) you and/or the nominee are over 25 years of age; (ii) you accept these Promotion Terms and Conditions; and (iii) you accept the use of personal data provided for this promotion and confirm you have reviewed the Privacy and Cookie Notices. Any nominee will also be required to confirm and accept this if they are selected as a winner. If a nominee does not accept the above, they will forfeit the prize.
- Only individuals can be nominated (not groups).
- Each person may submit as many entries and/or nominations as they wish.
- Winning entrants and any nominee (where applicable) agree that the story submitted via the nomination form may be used in any publicity material in relation to Coral.co.uk. A winning entrant or nominee may remain anonymous in the story should they wish.
- Winnings entrants, including any winning nominees, agree that the story submitted on the nomination form may be amended by the promoter only to the extent required to make it suitable for publishing, such as to ensure it is grammatically correct, is socially responsible and does not infringe any third party rights or include third party personal information without prior consent.
- We may contact entrants and make other enquiries to verify details submitted in any story provided in a nomination.
How it works
- Each month of the Promotional Period the promoter will offer one selected winner a prize of £1,000 in value to be spent on football associated products and experiences, as approved by the promoter.
- The winner for each month will be selected from all entries made from the start date of the promotion, to the last day of the relevant month e.g. the December 2020 winner will be selected from entries made between 29th October 2020 and 31st December 2020. The selection process may take up to two weeks from the last day of the relevant month.
- No entries after the last day of the relevant month will be considered.
- In addition, at the end of the Promotional Period the promoter will offer one of the 6 previously selected monthly winners an additional prize of £10,000 in value which can be spent on football associated products and experiences, as approved by the promoter. Only previous winners of the monthly prizes will be considered for this prize. The selection process may take up to four weeks from the last day of the Promotional Period.
- Winners will be selected by a panel with an independent judge. Selections will be made based on which story demonstrates that an entrant is a football fan that goes above and beyond.
- The judges’ decision as to winners is final. No correspondence relating to the final decisions will be entered into.
- Those entries shortlisted to potentially win a prize will be contacted by email or telephone within 48 hours of selection and requested to provide information to complete any age, ID verification and any other checks required by the promoter. Once such checks are completed, those shortlisted entries will be considered by the panel with an independent judge and one winner will be selected.
- Any and all information submitted by entrants must be correct and up to date. The promoter will not be held responsible for incorrect contact details being provided in any entry.
- If a nominee is shortlisted for a prize, the promoter will contact the person who submitted the nomination (“Nominator”) and request they contact the nominee. The Nominator will be provided with the promoter’s contact details and be asked to inform the nominee that they must contact the promoter directly within 48 hours of the promoter contacting the Nominator. If the nominee does not contact the promoter within this time period, they will forfeit the prize.
- Any shortlisted entries will be required to pass any age, ID verification and any other checks required by the promoter within 48 hours of being contacted by the promoter, or in the case of a nominee, within 48 hours of the promoter contacting the Nominator.
- Monthly winners will be announced within two weeks of the last day of the relevant month of the Promotional Period, except for the winner of the £10,000 value prize which shall be announced by the end of May 2021.
- Winners will be disqualified and deemed to have forfeited a prize if:
- the promoter is unable to contact the entrant within 48 hours of being shortlisted or the nominee fails to contact the promoter within 48 hours of the promoter contacting the Nominator;
- the winning entrant has failed to satisfy the age, ID verification or any other checks required by the promoter within the time period specified above at clause 24;
- the winner is self-excluded, including with any National Self-Exclusion scheme;
- the winner is in breach of these Promotion Terms and Conditions, or in the event of suspicious activity, suspected fraud, misconduct or dishonesty on the part of the entrant or nominee; and/or
- the story submitted in the nomination includes anything inappropriate, defamatory, offensive, abusive or obscene or is socially irresponsible.
- Once a winner is disqualified, they will no longer be eligible to receive a prize and another winner may be selected in accordance with the process described above.
Prize terms and conditions
- The prize will not be given as cash. The value of the prize can be used to spend on the winner’s choice of football associated products or experiences only (for example event tickets, equipment or experiences). The product or experience must be approved and booked by the promoter and will be subject to availability.
- The promoter has sole discretion to determine whether a winner’s choice of product or experience can be purchased or booked with the prize value, and may refuse to purchase or book a product or experience for any reason, including where it determines the association with that product or experience would bring the promoter into disrepute, or for legal, contractual or regulatory reasons.
- The full value of the prize must be used to purchase or book a product or experience (via the promoter) by the Thursday 6th January 2022. Any experiences can take place after the Thursday 6th January 2022.
- Products or experiences bought with the prize value may be subject to terms which prevent the winner from reselling or transferring the product or experience.
- The prizes value cannot be exchanged for cash.
- All products or experiences purchased with the prize value are subject to the terms and conditions of any supplier of relevant services included in the product or experience (for example transport providers, accommodation or event organisers and their rules and policies).
- The promoter will not be responsible for any items purchased with the prize value which are lost, delayed or damaged on delivery to the winner. The promoter will not be responsible for any services (for example events, travel and accommodation) that are cancelled for reasons outside of the promoter’s control including any changes that are a direct or indirect result of the Covid 19 pandemic.
Use of information
- Winning entrants first name and county may be published or made available to the public on request in order for the promoter to comply with regulatory obligations.
- By entering into this promotion, each entrant agrees that any personal information provided in connection with the promotion may be held and used by the promoter (and/or its agents and suppliers) in order to administer the promotion and contact winners.
- We will keep any personal information provided as part of an entry for a period of 3 months after the Promotional Period or in the case of winning entries, for 3 months after the prize has been spent.
- Entrants and nominees have the right to exercise their rights (access, rectification, cancellation and opposition) by contacting email@example.com.
- We will use all personal data in accordance with Privacy and Cookie.
- Where the promoter suspects that any entrant or nominee is guilty of fraudulent activity, the promoter reserves the right to suspend or remove that individual from the promotion, and/or suspend that individual’s account (where applicable) and/or suspend the promotion pending further investigation.
- The promoter reserves the right to change, end or restrict your access to this promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
- The promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for network, computer or software failures of any kind and has no responsibility for lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- The promoter shall not be liable for damage or loss resulting from entry to the promotion, failure to win, acceptance or use of anything purchased with the prize. Nothing in these Promotion Terms and Conditions shall operate to exclude liability for any fraud on the part of the promoter or death or personal injury resulting from the promoter’s own negligence.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Promotion Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- These Promotion Terms and Conditions shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.